FAQs - Frequently-Asked-Questions regarding the Retreat
- Will there be translation?
- Yes, there will be translation into Portuguese if required
- Is the Intensive training Retreat only for Teachers and therapists?
- No. The program was designed with teachers and Tantra therapists in mind, but anyone with an interest in the program can participate
- Can I just register for a part of the 6 days of the Retreat?
- I can only take part in the weekend this time but would like to study more of Tantra, what other trainings/ continuing courses are there?
- You can access the Calendar of Events here, or use the contact form to receive the schedule for classes (online and in Lisbon), and retreats/trainings.
- Is there a selection process or can anyone take part?
- Participants are screened to ensure seriousness and an understanding of what the training does and does not involve
- I am travelling from abroad, if the dormitory is full, is there accommodation near the venue?
- Yes, there is accommodation available 5 minutes from Senhora D'Azenha.
- Is 'Tantric Sex' a theme that is covered?
- Yes, even though the emphasis is on classical Tantra, we will be covering this, to clarify the connection between the ancient teachings of Tantra and the modern practices associated with 'Tantric Sex'.
- Is 'Tantric Sex' a part of the training?
- 'Tantric Sex' itself, or 'Maithuna', will not be practiced during the Training. Retreat The relevance of 'Tantric sex' to traditional Tantra will be explained, and relevant exercises that prepare for 'Tantric sex' will be explained and integrated into the practical part of the Training. These can be of special interest not only for couples, but also as a solo practice and for therapists working with couples.
- Do I need to bring a partner?
- No, the practices do not depend on bringing a partner, and will be adaptable to honour your boundaries. Many Tantric practices originated as solo practices and can therefore be adapted to either solo or partner context.
- Is the training specifically for practitioners of a specific style of Tantra, such as 'White', or 'Red' Tantra?
- No, it is suitable for all practitioners - students and teachers - of any style of Tantra. The techniques used in the training are mostly derived from inner practices of 'White Tantra' (the 'Right-Hand Path'/'Dakshina Marga') but elements of 'Red Tantra' will be explored and the relationship between 'Red' and 'White' Tantra will be clarified.
- What is Peter's background and training in traditional Tantra?
- See Peter's Bio info here.
- Is this a certified teacher training?
- This training retreat can be taken as part of a 6-month Siddha Qigong training, or a 2-year, certified Tantric Yoga Therapy training, or a 5-year Teacher and Therapist training.
- What is the timetable?
- Each day we will start at 9am and finish at 5pm. For those who wish to take part, there is also an evening program of activities (such as talks,, massage and dancing) from 8pm until 9.30pm.
- Is there some follow-up support after the retreat?
- Yes, as a participant in this training you will be able to receive online coaching free for 2 months (or, as a special offer, for 5 months, for the first 4 participants) after the training, to help integrate the program contents, the experiences. and to help develop your professional practice as a teacher or therapist.
It is popularly believed that Tantra is all about the polarity of male and female and the sexual union of these polarities..
Actually Tantra uses these polarities, through their balance and their fusion, either at the subtle or the physical level, to transcend all polarization - all separation - to attain a union that is not just sexual, but divine, not just physical but spiritual.
This Union in Tantra does not depend on sex, in fact it doesn't even depend on a partner. This is the key misconception of modern Tantra.
It is our relationship to Life that is profoundly worked on in Tantra, transforming all of our experience, all of our reality.
- Peter Littlejohn Cook